Saturday, February 1, 2014

IRB INTRO MARKING PERIOD 3

Lone Survivor, by Marcus Luttrell, is a personal recount of the Navy Seal team's mission in July 2005, when they went to investigate the activity of an al Qaeda leader who was rumored to have a small army in a Taliban stronghold. Only one seal, Marcus, made it out alive.
This book was really written to give an account of the war on terror and how dangerous it really was and how people literally risks their lives to protect our country and how grateful people should be to the military. I chose to read this book because I am typically not a fan of army books, and typically this isn't my area of interests, but this novel really seems fascinating to me and after reading it, I really hope to understand what it is that the Seals do and how dangerous their work really is.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment