Tuesday, April 22, 2014

IRB Intro Marking Period 4: Unbroken

For the final quarter, I want to read the biography, Unbroken. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand, is a non-fiction account of a story of Louis Zamperini, a World War II hero who survived in the middle of the ocean on a raft for 47 days, only to be taken in into a prisoner's of war camp by the japanese. This is a story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption.
I am very interested in reading this book because I have never read a story about World War II and this seems really interesting and I also love history so this is going to be really interesting.
By reading this I hope to gain appreciation for those who sacrificed their lives fighting for this country, and I hope to learn the virtues and values that Louis displayed. I want this book to teach me that there are worse things in life than my small problems and that really I need to look at the bigger picture in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment